Moth request, Ostrinia (Lepidoptera: Pyralidae)

Erik B Dopman ebd5 at cornell.edu
Thu Aug 16 13:05:13 EDT 2001

Hi All,

I am looking to obtain moths from the genus Ostrinia (Lepidoptera:
Pyralidae) for systematic work.  Most species are common agricultural
pests.  Five to seven individuals stored individually in 95% to 100%
ethanol would be great from any of the following taxa, particularly
those that have an asterisk:

Ostrinia orientalis *
O. dorsivittata *
O. narynensis *
O. kurentzovi *
O. scapulalis (adzuki bean borer/brush legged borer) *
O. putzufangensis *
O. zaguliaevi (butterbur borer) *
O. zealis (burdock borer) *
O. penitalis
O. obumbratalis
O. erythrialis
O. quadripunctalis
O. marginalis
O. peregrinalis
O. palustralis
O. latipennis
O. kasmirica

These names were used in Matuura and Munroe (1970).  Specimens should be

labeled with as much information as possible, i.e., taxonomic name,
collection locality, collector contact information, curator contact
information, etc. to ensure proper acknowledgment.  I would be happy to
pay for shipping costs as well as supplies necessary to obtain these
specimens.  Please forward this message to others that would be
interested.

Cheers,
Erik Dopman

--