Polyphemus egg depositation Question

Mike Soukup mikayak at mdo.net
Sat Aug 18 20:35:19 EDT 2001

If you found this moth in the wild the odds of it being mated are about 99%.
Most female sats don't fly anywhere until/after they have mated.  I have never
caught a wild female (at night, at lights) that wasn't fertile.  Put her in a
paper bag.  Add an oak leaf (just for kicks - having the host plant seems to
help induce ovipositing with some species (Ceratocampids in particular)).  good
luck