Cuban Butterflies

John Shuey jshuey at tnc.org
Mon Aug 20 17:46:07 EDT 2001

There is actually a Cuban book that few in the US have seen -

Atlas de las Mariposas Diurnas de Cuba (Lepidoptera: Rhopalocera).  Pastor
Alayo D. and Luis R. Herna'ndez, 1987

John Shuey

Pierre Zagatti wrote:

> Not only Cuban but Antillean butterflies :
>
> - D.S. Smith, L.D. Miller and J.Y. Miller (1994). The butterflies of the
> West Indies and South Florida, 264 p., Oxford University Press, Oxford.
> - N.D. Riley (1975). A field guide to the butterflies of the West
> Indies, 224 p., Collins, London.
>
> Riley's book should be out of print.
>
> More details at :
>
> http://www.inra.fr/Internet/Produits/PAPILLON/papilion/papilioe.htm
>
> All the best,
>
> Pierre Zagatti
>
> Hank & Priscilla Brodkin a écrit :
> >
> > Since I am dying to smoke another Habana (it has been 40 years since my
> > last one, in Canada of course) it started me wondering if there is such
> > a thing as a book on Cuban butterflies.
> > Anyone know of one?
> > --
> >                      Hank & Priscilla Brodkin
> >                   Carr Canyon, Cochise County, AZ
> >                    Send Mailto:hankb at theriver.com
> >              SouthEast Arizona Butterfly Association
> >           http://www.naba.org/chapters/nabasa/home.html
> >          "Butterflies of Arizona - a Photographic Guide"
> >     by Bob Stewart, Priscilla and Hank Brodkin - due September 2001
> >          http://www.naba.org/chapters/nabasa/book.html

> >    http://www.peabody.yale.edu/other/lepsl

John Shuey
Director of Conservation Science
Indiana Office of The Nature Conservancy
1505 N Delaware Street, Suite 200
Indianapolis, IN 46202

phone:  317-951-8818
fax:  317-917-2478