FREE on line TTR issues.

Ron Gatrelle gatrelle at tils-ttr.org
Fri Aug 24 15:10:53 EDT 2001

Excuse the cross postings to the multisubscribed.
Harry Pavulaan and I have decided to make some of The Taxonomic Report
(TTR) back issues available via e-mail. The first pages of all issues can
be accessed already at the TILS (The International Lepidoptera Survey) web
site http://tils-ttr.org  However, we thought it might be worthwhile to
make entire PDF (Adobe) copies available to those who might not want to
subscribe to a whole volume. If you are not set up to download Adobe files
just visit their web site and download their free reader software.

These will be issues of our choice. After our initial offer, if we get
enough requests, we may make this an issue of the month type of thing. Why
do this? Two reasons. The primary one is to make the scientific information
contained in these publications more available to researchers and the
public. The second is that it is just good advertising for us. (Which by
the way, since these are free - if one really appreciates the research that
is in these issues one might consider making a small donation via our spot
for such a thing at the web site to help us continue.) The new species
articles have a high priority and we will offer those first.

To get these just email me directly gatrelle at tils-ttr.org and state the
VOl./Issue you want. I will be sending these out via our unlimited TILS
email account and my speedy @home cable connection. Some of these are
fairly large files due to the many pictures they contain. I can send a 3meg
item out (or in) in about 15 seconds. But for many with slow phone
connections it will take some time for you to down load. Also, if you have
a cap on the amount of e-mail you send/receive each month consider that
too.
_______________________________
Currently offering:

Vol. 1  # 8, 1999  (file size: 2.35MB)
by R. Gatrelle
HÜBNER'S HELICTA: THE FORGOTTEN NEONYMPHA.

THE RECOGNITION AND ELEVATION OF NEONYMPHA HELICTA (NYMPHALIDAE: SATYRINAE)
TO SPECIFIC STATUS. THE DESIGNATON OF
NEOTYPES FOR N. HELICTA AND N. AREOLATUS.
THE SUBSPECIFIC TRANSFER OF SEPTENTRIONALIS  TO HELICTA AND THE DESCRIPTION
OF A THIRD HELICTA SUBSPECIES FROM SOUTH FLORIDA

Comment: Due to this research paper, helicta is now recognized on the USGS
web site via a footnote under N. areolata while the USGS site figures
out which records are for which of these siblings.
_____________________________
Also curently offering:

Vol. 2 # 8, 2000  (file size: 326KB)
by C. Selman & R. Leuschner

NINE NEW SPECIES OF LACINIPOLIA (NOCTUIDAE)
FROM ARIZONA, CALIFORNIA AND VICINITY

Thanks,
Ron Gatrelle, president
The International Lepidoptera Survey