results of drying and degreasing methods

John Grehan jrg13 at psu.edu
Sun Aug 26 09:47:18 EDT 2001

I did not follow all the postings on this matter so my comment may
have already been covered.

1. When re-gluing the abdomens make
sure they are the right way up (I was completely fooled once thinking I had
a new species when examining such a specimen unawares!).

2. Re-glued specimens should have a label added citing the procedure and
also stating what mounting medium was used (at least stating whether it is
water soluble or alcohol soluble). At the Carnegie Museum the preference is
for alcohol soluble glue. When the glue is used a tiny amount of alcohol
cab be added after to provide an effective attachment surface area. I don't
know what the preference is in general - perhaps someone could comment on that.

John Grehan