Free Lists

John.Snyder at furman.edu John.Snyder at furman.edu
Thu Dec 13 11:44:50 EST 2001

In the course of my work, I have generated some lists and it occurs to me
that someone in Cyberland might benefit from them too.  Here's what I can
send, if anyone is interested:

(1)       The 75 Lepidopteran families that are listed in "Check List of
the Lepidoptera of America North of Mexico" (Hodges et al., eds.), with the
range of check list numbers encompassed within each family.  It shows them
in numerical order, then in alphabetical order.

(2)  The families and Hodges Check List number ranges of the organisms that
have so far been described in the ongoing series of fascicles entitled
"Moths of America North of Mexico."  It doesn't list all the species, just
the ranges that are covered.

I can send these to individuals as email attachments (they are in MS-Word
format).  If you want (1), ask for "check list families."  If you want (2),
ask for "fascicles coverage."

John Snyder
Furman University
john.snyder at furman.edu
Web Images of North American Moth Species:
http://www.furman.edu/~snyder/leplist/
Imagelist:  http://www.furman.edu/~snyder/imagelist/