anise swallowtail & purplish copper

Cris Guppy or Aud Fischer cguppy at quesnelbc.com
Wed Feb 21 00:53:33 EST 2001

Neil,

Given that you live in Britain, and obvious know much more than I about
butterflies there, you are likely to be more correct than I. The reference
on which I based my statement is:

Thomas, J.A. 1984. Conservation of butterflies in temperate countries: Past
efforts and lessons for the future. Pp. 333-53 in The Biology of
Butterflies. Symposium of the Royal Entomological Society of London Number
11, edited by R.I. Vane-Wright and P.R. Ackery. London: Academic Press. xxiv
+ 429 pp.

I would welcome suggestions of more recent references that I should consult
for a better understanding of the success/failure of introduction attempts.

Cris Guppy.