photos of urban Monarchs overwintering in Calif.

Bob Parcelles,Jr. rjparcelles at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 11 12:56:54 EST 2001

> Most ento folks know that Fiery Skippers and Cabbage
> Whites are analogous to
> Pigeons and English Sparrows. The fact that they are
> common everywhere only
> proves that they are exceedingly adaptable and has
> little to do with the
> effects of turf management practices. Given exposure
> over enough
> generations, House Flies can probably subsist on a
> diet of pure DDT.
>
> -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
> Mike Quinn
> Invertebrate Biologist
> Wildlife Diversity Branch
> Texas Parks & Wildlife
> 3000 IH 35 South, Suite 100, Austin, Texas 78704
> Ph/Fax: 512/912-7059, -7058
> mike.quinn at tpwd.state.tx.us
> http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/nature/

Bravo,

A truly rational, non-flaming post!

Perhaps, we need more input from NABA types (minus the
anti-collecting activists) to get our list back int a
little bit more science and natural history.  This is
not the forum to debunk constantly professionals like
Brower and even Paul Cherbuni.  Our British friend
Neil does keep us straight.

Have a great day day,

Bob Parcelles, Jr.
Pineelas Park, FL

Writing from Grand Bahama (eat your heart out)

=====
Bob Parcelles, Jr
Pinellas Park, FL
RJP Associates
"Ecology is the Economics of Nature; Economics is the Ecology of Man"...Dr. Marston Bates (1962)
rjparcelles at yahoo.com
http://rainforest.care2.com/welcome?w=976131876