Extinction vs accuracy

Patrick Foley patfoley at csus.edu
Mon Jan 15 11:01:46 EST 2001

Ron and others,

Let me reiterate that the term "extinct" is used by scientists studying
extinction for both local extinction and global extinction of a species. I
didn't decide this. Environmental activists didn't decide this. It was decided
by a consensus of the scientific community. It was not a perfect choice, but it
will not change because it annoys the wise use movement.

Patrick Foley
patfoley at csus.edu