the extremists/ be careful

Kondla, Norbert FOR:EX Norbert.Kondla at gems3.gov.bc.ca
Tue Jan 23 11:47:21 EST 2001

For those who may be interested in this moldy old business where various
people expressed strongly held and sincere opinions; any synopsis would be
slanted by the opinions of whoever wrote the synopsis (myself included even
tho I do not recall writing a synopsis). However gluttons for punishment and
anyone with nothing better to do with their time could search the archives
of lepsl (and entomol if these are open without subscribing) in the time
period ca. mid 1990's. Mixture of polite, snide, vitriolic etc postings by
sane and intelligent people like Jones, Kondla, Kral and many others.
Actually kinda funny and entertaining with the benefit of hindsight :-) I
took particular exception to the vile propaganda perpetrated by one Ted
Williams in Audubon magazine and the posting was subsequently printed in
News of the Lepidopterists Society 1996.  Although I still detest yellow
journalism; some time has passed, my blood pressure has subsided and I am
increasingly inclined to view this historical matter as a tempest in a
teapot.  Somehow it is difficult for me to take seriously the rulings of one
judge who heard one or more of the high profile cases and was subsequently
ejected from his job as a judge because he was caught telling lies; yes this
is a matter of public record and I regret that I have neither the time nor
the interest to dig up the judges name and the newspaper clipping.  Lets
continue to throw dirt on the hatchet in hopes that it will eventually only
be of interest to archaeologists :-)