Overpopulation v. Willful Stupidity

Jean-Michel MAES jmmaes at ibw.com.ni
Fri Jan 26 12:40:48 EST 2001

Mass hunting still exists.

In Rio San JUan, Nicaragua, there is a company that promotes duck =
hunting.
Rich people go there (mostly from US) and shoot ducks. 20 hunters can =
kill
up to 1,000 ducks in a week. They have no problems with CITES as they =
did
not export nothing. In this case the problem is not over population, =
just
crazy way of pleasure of some people.

That's not about collecting and nothing to see with butterflies, sorry. =
will not do it more.

Sincerely,

Jean-Michel MAES
MUSEO ENTOMOLOGICO
AP 527
LEON
NICARAGUA
tel 505-3116586
jmmaes at ibw.com.ni
www.insectariumvirtual.com/termitero/termitero.htm#nicaragua
www.insectariumvirtual.com/lasmariposasdenicaragua.htm
www-museum.unl.edu/research/entomology/workers/JMaes.htm
www-museum.unl.edu/research/entomology/database2/honduintro.htm