UV light traps - how far above the ground?

Jean-Michel MAES jmmaes at ibw.com.ni
Mon Jan 29 20:02:25 EST 2001

Why not try different positions.
For scarab we put the light trap on the ground, for leps we put them at 2 m
high but I see in the city that the lights at 4 or 5 meter high works also
very well. What I was thinking to do is put one light very high (5 to 10
meters high), then 3 or 4 lights at 2 meters hight. I guess the very high
one could attract far but is not very easy to catch the moths.

Sincerely,

Jean-Michel MAES
MUSEO ENTOMOLOGICO
AP 527
LEON
NICARAGUA
tel 505-3116586
jmmaes at ibw.com.ni
www.insectariumvirtual.com/termitero/termitero.htm#nicaragua
www.insectariumvirtual.com/lasmariposasdenicaragua.htm
www-museum.unl.edu/research/entomology/workers/JMaes.htm
www-museum.unl.edu/research/entomology/database2/honduintro.htm