Fw: Northern Spring Azure (Celastrina lucia) confirmed in Virginia

Ron Gatrelle gatrelle at tils-ttr.org
Sat Jun 2 00:45:34 EDT 2001

The following post was sent to several lep groups but not this one. I am
forwarding it as it is very important for several reasons.  I will add that
one of the many rare and odd butterflies I have found this May in Clay Co.
NC is an odd male Celastrina with very checkered margins that may well end
up proving to be the C. lucia below and extend this range even farther
south.  But this remains to be shown. Ron