How America works

Guy Van de Poel & A. Kalus Guy_VdP at t-online.de
Fri Jun 8 10:32:22 EDT 2001

Completely off-topic, but just a view from the other side of the ocean:
Not to correct anybody, but 'individuals' is not exactly true.
And it's getting to the point that where Switzerland, Monaco and some others
are well-known tax-friendly countries (to put it mildly), the States are
becoming the Lawyer-nation.
Some examples:
Barbara divorces Boris Becker (tennis-star) in Florida because she can get
more out of it (they are Germans, with a marriage-contract made up in
Germany),
There is now a case for the burned in Austria last winter,
The former Nazi-slaves get their rights through US courts,

(I'm not saying that any of these are wrong or right, these are just
examples where the US courts are being used for other nation's people).

Guy.