Moth trouble - we're still alive.

Ron Gatrelle gatrelle at tils-ttr.org
Tue Jun 12 15:13:15 EDT 2001

So far we are still both alive - I and the cecropia. My wife, Marilyn, took
this amazingly well - hardly said a word. (Ladies, is that good or bad?)

We were married 35 years ago. Got married about a month after we met. She
did not know I had any interest is leps at all - till the second day of our
honeymoon. Well, actually about the fifth day. (She should have kown
something was up when she saw I packed a NET.) We were just poor unemployed
kids back then and had went to her grandparents in the middle of the
Missouri Ozarks - little farm house, outhouse facilities, well for water,
no neighbors - lots of zebra swallowtails though (that was the second day).

The fifth day or so we drove down to Mississippi (that's about as close to
an actual location as I could deduce). We had stopped by this marsh area on
a rural road as I thought there might be skippers there. It soon got dark.
We slept in the  Chevy Corvair - well not really. No no, not what you
think -being the honeymoon and all. It was July. By a marsh - like, 10
feet.

We fed mosquitoes all night. Probably about half a million.

Yup, true story. The sixth day is a blank. I think my memories pick back up
about a week later in St. Louis at her other grandparents.  They had a
great flower garden in the back yard that brought in lots of ....  Yup,
hardly a word.

RG