Utopia ... was Fwd: Re: NY Times Butterflying Article

Kelly Richers KeRichers at wasco.k12.ca.us
Wed Jun 13 12:24:29 EDT 2001

Great picture Paul-from the "Mecca" of moth collecting, southern Arizona.

Kelly Richers wrote:

>Thank God I collect moths, which have not reached
> the state of controversy as butterflies.

Yes, my guess is a collecting scene involving
hundreds of moths like this:
http://www.saber.net/~monarch/hsheet1.jpg

probably would not be as disturbing to the
the anti-collecting camp as a comparable scene involving
hundreds of butterflies.

Paul Cherubini, Placerville, Calif.

P.S. moth photo lifted from Bruce Walsh's website
http://nitro.biosci.arizona.edu/zeeb/butterflies/mothlist.html
without permission.