New Web resource for lepidoptera

Jeroen Mentens jeroen.mentens at student.kuleuven.ac.be
Thu Mar 8 08:56:35 EST 2001

Neil Jones wrote:

> I have created a listing of the world's butterfly and moth websites.
> They are divided into the areas of the world which they cover.
> Each one that I have found is accompanied by a description and a star
> rating to act as a guide. It can be found with a gallery of butterfly
> photographs at:-
>
> http://www.wildlifewebsite.com/butterflies/
>
> Of course if you know of a geographically related site that I have missed
> then please do let me know.

You didn't mention the 2 official belgian websites:

For flanders (the north part of the country) you can go to
www.instnat.be -> onderzoek -> populatie en
verspreidingsecologie -> dagvlinders (i.e. butterflies)
for the moment the english website is under construction

For wallon (the south part of the country) you can go to
http://mrw.wallonie.be/dgrne/sibw/especes/home.html#papillons ->
papillons diurnes
this one is in french

they both have very good distributionmaps