Florida Keys

Kondla, Norbert FOR:EX Norbert.Kondla at gems3.gov.bc.ca
Mon Mar 19 15:47:27 EST 2001

Correctmundo; never bring a knife (or butterfly net) to a gunfight :-). My
experiences with private rural landowners have been 99% positive. I do most
of my 'stuff' in places where there is frequently no residence in sight and
I have no idea who the landowner is and no easy way to find out.  The very
odd time the local landowner has driven over to ask what I am doing has been
for legitimate purposes rather than being touchy about anyone walking in
their cow pasture. Example: roadside stop in Montana, no residence within a
mile, slithered through the ubiquitous barbed wire fence that is hard on
blue jeans to enjoy myself and in a while the local rancher dropped by.
Seems he was wondering what I was doing near his horses. Once I explained
the purpose of my brief stop at the edge of his rangeland he had no problem.
I did not tell him that I had not even noticed his horses nearby :-) my
vision was focussed on the wildflowers and butterflies and other far more
interesting life forms.