wise use

Liz Day beebuzz at kiva.net
Thu Mar 22 21:49:06 EST 2001

 >The Wilderness Society Report  .... conceded that "Wise Use is a local
movement driven primarily by local concerns, not national issues." However,
it recommended a strategy....: depict it as a "far right" fanatically
religious "pawn of powerful special interests."

Depressing, isn't it, that no position can be allowed to stand or fail on
its own merits - that to succeed in getting support, the various groups
(I'm referring to all groups of all political persuastions, not just
environmentalists or the WS, because I see the propaganda other groups put
out too) apparently have to overstate their case and use whatever
emotion-laden rhetoric they can think of ..... And even more depressing
that this apparently works....

Liz

Liz Day
Indianapolis, Indiana, central USA  (40 N, ~86 W)
USDA zone 5b.  Winters ~20F, summers ~85F.  Formerly temperate deciduous
forest.
daylight at kiva.net
www.kiva.net/~daylight