Digital slide scanner?

Robert Dana robert.dana at dnr.state.mn.us
Tue Mar 27 17:46:57 EST 2001

There are a number of excellent slide scanners on the market. They range in price from around $300 up, depending on technical aspects and quality. Go to the B&H Photo and Video site (www.bhphotovideo.com) to see a number of examples. The results of directly scanning a color positive transparency bear no comparison with the results of having a positive print made and then scanning that. By the way, the typical slide scanner can also scan 35mm color negative film and make the conversion to a positive image.

Robert Dana, Ph.D.
MN DNR
Natural Heritage and Nongame Research Program
500 Lafayette Rd, Box 25
St. Paul, MN 55155
651 297-2367
Email: robert.dana at dnr.state.mn.us

>>> "Ron Gatrelle" <gatrelle at tils-ttr.org> 3/27/01 3:44:03 PM >>>
In personal correspondence with Harry Pavulaan on some TILS business, he
mentioned the following. My response follows. Just before sending my email
back to him I though I would just share this over the Leps L bulletin
board. SO, the question is .... Is there an easy (and readily available)
way to scan slides to digital images?