CDC preliminary findings on GE corn - Apr. 30

Ron Gatrelle gatrelle at tils-ttr.org
Sat May 12 00:39:13 EDT 2001

The issue is not: Is Bt engineered corn safe as mother's milk to humans,
nor poisonous to humans as arsenic. The issue is - is it harmful to
Monarchs? That's it. Milkweed is harmful to humans - so are we to conclude
Monarchs shouldn't eat it either? I don't intend to eat milkweed or Bt
corn. I don't even know that I want the Bt  corn fed to cows and pigs I
might later ingest. But that is not relevant either. The issue is - is Bt
corn harmful to Monarchs. That's it.
I have never said, nor am I saying, I like the idea of Bt corn. I am
saying, just stick with what it does or does not do to Monarchs - not
Mickey Mouse. that's it. Bt corn could be found to kill everything on
earth, except Monarch's. And for this topic that is all that would be
relevent. That's it. What bothers me is that certain people seem to WANT to
find it is harmful to Monarch's - Just like the Tobacco scientists didn't
WANT to find tabacco was harmful to humans. There is no place in science
for predisposed WANT.
RG