What eats plantain?

Sunsol SUNSOL at prodigy.net
Sat May 12 18:19:47 EDT 2001

In my neighborhood, buckeye caterpillars eat plaintain. But I received a
postcard from the University of California Press announcing the publication
of British Butterflies and their Collectors by Michael A Salmon. There is
one of those beautiful old-fashioned botanical prints on the front with
butterflies, caterpillars, and even a chrysalis on plantain. Opps! no
caption. So what is that eating plantain in Britian? They have a website at
www.ucpress.edu, but I doubt that the illustration is there. Maybe the
illustration has little to do with the book...

Sally