Pheromone Traps

Leptraps at aol.com Leptraps at aol.com
Sun May 13 22:03:23 EDT 2001

I use the plastic pheromone traps (Universal Moth Trap & Multipher#1 from
Great Lakes IPM) to collect Sesiid moths. I normally check the traps daily,
however, the late Herman Flaschka of Georgia used these plastic traps with
anti freeze, both as a killing agent and a preservative. He only checked the
traps weekly, and in some cases, monthly.

Does anyone know of the reference that explains the use and the chemical
process to clean the specimens? Also, what condition of the specimens after
the entire process?

Leroy C. Koehn
202 Redding Road
Georgetown, Kentucky