Red Admiral Migrations?

J o n a t h a n S y l v e s t r e josylvestre at sympatico.ca
Thu May 24 22:40:00 EDT 2001

Hi

Here in Quebec, Urtica sp. are not very common but a in wood near were i
live grow lots of Laeporte canadensis (Wood nettle ?) and nearly each leaf,
at least each young woodnettle plants has eggs on it.

Walk in this wood (and nearly every where) and you will see undred of V.
atalanta (yes I said undred) from the sunrise to the sunset... I never saw
that before. Everywhere I look I see a V. atalanta.

If there are enough nettle to feed all larvas, i just imagine how many
atalanta will fly in mid-july
(or maybe a diesease will control the population.. ?)

PS: In this message there is no exagerations

Jonathan Sylvestre
http://fly.to/lepidoptera/