RE The numbers

1_iron 1_iron at msn.com
Wed May 30 10:45:19 EDT 2001

Pat, Ron, et. al.

Heartily agree. I was in business all my life prior to my retirement, and I
must have signed thousands of contracts in my time. However, I NEVER
approved one without a time limit - which gives the parties the ability to
review how it is working.

The people of the United States, however, signed off on the Constitution
(which has no time limit) without blinking hard. Review of that contract is
so complicated it rarely happens, and I think many of us citizens are
concerned about the emerging state of affairs.

Tax reform is a current example. One vote per person is the rule, yet 40-odd
percent of our populace pays no income tax - indeed, these folks are
beneficiaries of the tax system. Have you any doubt future tax cuts the
recently passed bill provides for will not be done away with long before
they have a chance to become active?

Jim Taylor

(P.S.  Forgive a non-lep post, but this citizen for one is beginning to
think Jefferson was right when he suggested a bloody revolution now and then
would not be a bad thing.)