Can you identify these moths, please?

Roger C. KENDRICK hkmoths at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Nov 4 23:04:47 EST 2001

Hi Bill,

No. 3:  Ophiusa tirhaca (Cramer, 1777) [Noctuidae; Ophiderinae/Catocalinae -
depending upon one's interpretation of Catocalinae]. From southern Europe
through to Oriental and Australasian regions.

No. 4:  Eudocima salaminia (Cramer, 1777) [Noctuidae; Catocalinae]; India,
Orient, S.E.Asia, Australia.

No. 5:  possibly a Xyleutes (Cossidae), would need to refer to Australian,
Bornean or Peninsular Malaysian literature to sort this one out.

hope this helps,

Roger.

 --- Bill Grange <wg at elmgrove2.freeserve.co.uk> wrote: > I have posted  5
further scanned images of moths to my website at:

> http://www.elmgrove2.freeserve.co.uk/index-page6.html
>
> They are from the collections of Derby City Museum, England and lack species
> names and collections data.  I would be most grateful if anyone could
> identify at least some of them to genus level and indicate region(s) of
> origin.
>
> Many thanks
>
> Bill Grange

=====
Roger C. KENDRICK
Ph.D. candidate, Dept. of Ecology & Biodiversity, The University of Hong Kong
Senior Conservation Officer, Fauna Conservation, Kadoorie Farm & Botanic Garden, H.K.
http://www.kfbg.org/
http://hkusub.hku.hk/~kendrick/hkmoth.htm
http://hkusub.hku.hk/~kendrick/IGMHKinfo.htm
moths at kfbg.org, hkmoths at yahoo.co.uk or kendrick at hkusua.hku.hk