Importing farm-raised butterflies?

soupy soupy171 at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 6 13:17:58 EST 2001

I've seen beautiful displays of preserved butterflies for sale and the
seller says they were all imported from South American butterfly farms
so that they were allowed to live their full natural lives before
being packaged and exported.  I think supporting these farms is a
wonderful way to support the rainforests and minimize their
destruction.

I am interested in creating such displays while being ecologically
responsible so I was wondering if anyone in this group knew where and
how to locate and contact these farms.

TIA,

Soupy