Fwd: Re: species concepts (this is long!)

warrena at bcc.orst.edu warrena at bcc.orst.edu
Mon Nov 26 03:20:08 EST 2001

John and others,

Ok, I will read Lakatos.  Any other papers you can
suggest?  I will read them and consider what they say.
You respond by saying "propaganda" when I
said that the best theories are the simplest and
easiest to disprove.  Popper elaborates on this, as
have many others since then.  Can you provide a single
liturature citation for a paper or book that rebuts
this idea?  Please, let me know if you know of one
(something modern, please- and some do exist).  Please
justify your views using concrete examples (if you know
how to justify anything, or feel like you have to)...

There is no point in continuing this dialogue with you
since you have not, and apparently won't, read the
literature I am talking about; I don't have time (this
is my last leps-l response to you on this topic...).
You have taken such a hostile tone; have I offended
you?  You obviously know much more about the subject
without even having read the literature.  Wow!  I'm
impressed.

Andy

----- End forwarded message -----