8 - ) subspecies

Ron Gatrelle gatrelle at tils-ttr.org
Tue Nov 27 18:28:33 EST 2001

Kenelm Philip wrote:

The relation between a specimen and
> its collection site can, however, be relied upon! And--just to make
> everyone happy--the ICZN has nothing to say about referring to organisms
> by their locality, so I can pursue this eccentric path without worrying
> about whether or not the Code is being obeyed.

You should be home free on this one - it is either below the radar or above
the stinger missiles :-)   Now, as long as no one insists on a definition
of "location" - area, town, county, state, country, planet.... Is a label
valid if the location cited is not backed up by a definition of it?   Don't
no body go off the deep end.  I'm just being silly.
Ron