Speyeria aphrodite columbia

Kondla, Norbert FOR:EX Norbert.Kondla at gems3.gov.bc.ca
Wed Nov 28 17:34:45 EST 2001

This taxon was described by: Edwards, H. 1877. Pacific Coast Lepidoptera, N.
26. description of two new forms of diurnals. p. [1] .  An interesting note
by dos Passos and Grey 1947 says " This paper was not published in the Proc.
Calif. Academy Sci. as stated theron."  This butterfly is an endemic taxon
to British Columbia, Canada and I really would like a copy of the original
description if anyone has it or can suggest a source.  I am also intrigued
by the dos Passos and Grey comment quoted above and wonder if it was even
published at all ???? Help, please ---

Norbert Kondla  P.Biol., RPBio.
Ministry of Sustainable Resource Management
845 Columbia Avenue, Castlegar, British Columbia V1N 1H3
Phone 250-365-8610
Mailto:Norbert.Kondla at gems3.gov.bc.ca
http://www.env.gov.bc.ca