Thunberg, 1791

Kondla, Norbert FOR:EX Norbert.Kondla at gems3.gov.bc.ca
Thu Nov 29 10:43:07 EST 2001

Yes, it is quite sad that it is so difficult to access both old literature
and type material of butterflies in the age of digital data storage and
instant digital transfer of information. The people who work in major
libraries and major museums are nice people and no doubt they work hard but
these publicly funded institutions are in my opinion generally doing a
miserable job of making information available to the community that funds
them. As far as the museums are concerned it would seem to be a high
priority to provide images of at least the holotype part of the type
spectrum.