Species concepts (and subspecies)

Bill Cornelius billcor at mail.mcn.org
Fri Nov 30 12:32:41 EST 2001

Alright I confess: I object to subspecies, species too for that matter,
genera is ok but it sounds weird, order sounds military & makes you wonder
about how those old guys got financed to do their research. Phyla is ok
because nothing else comes close & kingdom sounds medieval, we do need some
new names, & should start over from the top.
Bill