website access

Pierre Zagatti zagatti at versailles.inra.fr
Mon Oct 8 09:05:58 EDT 2001

I apologize for all these access problems to my website.
As Ron said,
http://www.inra.fr/Internet/Produits/PAPILLON/indexeng.htm
is the good url for the home page (in english) for the antillean leps
and
http://www.inra.fr/Internet/Produits/PAPILLON/arct_guy/arct_guy.htm
for the Arctiids of French Guyana

I am not responsible for the installation of my website on a big
computer since it depends of my organization.
The computer changed last year, they transferred my site (and others) to
the new computer and built some aliases from the old to the new location
(I discovered this myself...)
Now one year later the old aliases are no longer valid. The 'old
computer' is now used for intranet purpose in my organization (INRA),
thus a distant access to this computer (as evoked by the 'old' URL)
evokes automatically a password ask. Imagine you have a user name and
valid password for this computer, the use of the complete 'old url'
http://www.jouy.inra.fr/USER/PRODUCTIONS/BDD/PAPILLON/indexeng.htm will
return a nice "page not found" or at least its French equivalent.

I noticed that many link pages and even some search engines still
indicate the old url ...

Pierre Zagatti