Introduction to list

Anne Kilmer viceroy at GATE.NET
Tue Oct 16 21:07:38 EDT 2001

burro at panama.gulf.net wrote:

> Hi -
>
> My name is May Lenzer.  I live in the Florida panhandle at the edge of
> Deer Point Lake, a cypress swamp and have a more-than-passing fancy with
> butterflies and moths.  I'm an amateur naturalist, and also a writer
> with a soon-to-be released book.  Combining the two seems to be "what I
> do".
>
> I am wondering if it is appropriate to post photos to this list.  I am
> often stumped with identifications, mostly with caterpillars, and every
> day is a learning experience.
>
> Please visit my website.  This month there are a lot of butterflies...
>
> May

Dear May,
No, please don't post photos to the list. They come through in algebra,
as often as not, and some folks are struggling along with tiny computers
... a photo ties them up for a long time, and then it's just letters and
punctuation.
Direct us to your web page, where we will admire your caterpillars and
counsel you on them.
Cheers
Anne Kilmer
South Florida