glassine envelopes?

Matthew Smith MatSmith1 at compuserve.com
Mon Oct 22 17:30:18 EDT 2001

Message text written by INTERNET:Niklas.Wahlberg at zoologi.su.se

Hi,
    Does anybody know where one can buy glassine envelopes (for storing
dried butterflies) in Europe? I've tried the American Bioquip company, but
they are not responding to my queries. Any info would be greatly
appreciated.

Cheers,
Niklas

Niklas Wahlberg
Department of Zoology
Stockholm University
S-106 91 Stockholm
SWEDEN
<

Try and find a shop that caters for stamp collectors.  The stamp collecting
fraternity use glassine envelopes or something very similar for storing
stamps, I have used these envelopes with no problems.  Here in the UK my
local hobby/stamp collectors shop sells them in bundles of 100 and stocks
various sizes, though some of the larger ones are sometimes more difficult
to obtain.   Failing that, try Watkins & Doncaster in the UK, they sell by
mail order and they have a website at: www.watdon.com

Regards

Matt