Location of Dr Arnold Schultze Collection?

James Hanlon jfhanlon at mediaone.net
Thu Oct 25 06:17:36 EDT 2001

Does anyone know where the Agrias aedon magdalenae from the Dr. Arnold
Schultze (German) Collection (captured in Colombia in 1927) might be housed
today? I captured a similar specimen while conducting a permitted study in
Costa Rica in march of this year, and this aberration of Agrias aedon
(extensive blue) is most unusual for Agrias aedon, which is thought to be
the least variable of all Agrias. I suspect the specimen is a hybrid from
Agrias aedon rodriguezi and Agrias aedon aedon or a transitional form
between the two.

Sincerely,

Jim Hanlon