Pyrrharctia isabella legs

Lynn Scott lynnscott at heiconsulting.com
Thu Oct 25 12:59:51 EDT 2001

Reviewing my last two seasons' photos of Pyrrharctia isabella, I noticed
that my photo of one specimen shows the coxa of the forelegs as bright
orangish red, while my photos of other specimens where the coxa are
visible show them as medium gray.  Could anyone tell me what color the
forelegs normally are?  Otherwise, the appearance of the red-legged
specimen conforms pretty much to other people's photographs and published
illustrations of this species.  Thanks.

--
= = = = =
Lynn Scott LynnScott at heiconsulting.com