polyphemus in CT

Clay Taylor CTaylor at swarovskioptik.com
Thu Sep 6 13:42:26 EDT 2001

John -

    Back in the 80's when I worked as a naturalist at Hammonasset Beach State Park, we regularly found adult Polyphemus moths in mid-to-late August - never very many, but it was a regular occurrence.  I always wondered if they were locals or maybe they flew in / blew in from elsewhere (Long Island?).

Clay