Speyeria Shenanigans

Kondla, Norbert FOR:EX Norbert.Kondla at gems3.gov.bc.ca
Thu Sep 6 15:23:57 EDT 2001

I ran into some interesting Speyeria in southern BC this season. I have put
an image and a request for comments on http://www.norbert.eboard.com under
the heading of "BC Speyeria". This is not an easy group of butterflies to
deal with, in part due to the usual conflicting descriptions and
interpretations presented in the literature and possibly also due to
inadequacy in presently recognized species-level taxonomy. The image is
large when viewed on the web site. Right click on your mouse to copy the
image into your system and resize it to suit your tastes and to see all four
specimens in one view. Enjoy.

Norbert Kondla  P.Biol., RPBio.
Ministry of Sustainable Resource Management
845 Columbia Avenue, Castlegar, British Columbia V1N 1H3
Phone 250-365-8610
Mailto:Norbert.Kondla at gems3.gov.bc.ca
http://www.env.gov.bc.ca