Pieris Pictures

Kondla, Norbert FOR:EX Norbert.Kondla at gems3.gov.bc.ca
Thu Sep 6 18:16:53 EDT 2001

Some recent butterfly books are not reliable as aids to identifying three
Pieris species in western Canada. This is because of errors in the
photographs (wrong species illustrated)or color distortion from the
photography and printing process. I just quickly put some images on
http://www.norbert.eboard.com under the heading of Western Canada Pieris.
Apologies for them being uncropped and eventually I want to add some females
and 'flava' phenotypes but this will give you an idea of what they look like
in case you want to watch some butterflies in the northwest part of the
continent. I cannot resist the snotty comment that anyone looking for
pictures of Pieris napi should consult a European website or book. We do not
have that species in North America :-)

Norbert Kondla  P.Biol., RPBio.
Ministry of Sustainable Resource Management
845 Columbia Avenue, Castlegar, British Columbia V1N 1H3
Phone 250-365-8610
Mailto:Norbert.Kondla at gems3.gov.bc.ca
http://www.env.gov.bc.ca