Hornets in my bait traps

Mark Etheridge doctorkilmer at netscape.net
Sat Sep 8 18:13:16 EDT 2001

I've had a few bait traps out here in northern Maryland all summer and have had a persistent problem with white-faced hornets feeding on the bait.  If there are only a couple I usually don't worry too much about it, but sometimes there are so many that I am not comfortable approaching the trap (that's usually when there's something particularly good in there, naturally).  Has anyone else had this experience?  What is the best thing to do?  I've tried relocating the traps, but that doesn't seem to make much difference.  Any ideas would be appreciated.

Mark Etheridge