help with specimens

Richard Worth rworth at oda.state.or.us
Fri Sep 28 11:27:20 EDT 2001

Hi all,

I was hoping someone out there might be able to help me out.  I would
like to get some samples of the Leek moth, Acrolepiopsis assectella
Zeller, a significant pest of onions, from eastern Canada.  It's an
introduced pest but has been there for a few years it seems.  See a
bit more about this moth at:
http://www.pestalert.org/Detail.CFM?recordID=25
They site Hanfield, 1997 as a source, but I don't have a copy yet.
This moth is one we want to keep our eyes open for here in Oregon.
Would anyone out there be able and willing to help me get some
reference material for our collection here?  TIA for any help.  You
can reply to me off the list.

Cheers,  Rich
Richard A. Worth
Oregon Department of Agriculture