Callophrys (Incisalia) records in New Hampshire/Maine

Donald S. Chandler dsc1 at cisunix.unh.edu
Fri Sep 28 13:18:05 EDT 2001

I have been trying to find the original publications that document the
presence of the western pine elfin in northern New England (Coos Co. New
Hampshire, and Oxford Co. Maine), wihout much luck (beyond splotches of
color in field guides).  The White Mountain National Forest wants to know
if this species has been found in areas under their jurisdiction.  If you
could communicate to me the appropriate literature citation, or where to
find it (it doesn't seem to be in Zoo Record), I would appreciate it.

Don Chandler
University of New Hampshire