Wanderer

David James djames at tricity.wsu.edu
Wed Apr 3 11:30:31 EST 2002

'Wanderer' is the common name most often used for Danaus plexippus in
Australia.
"Monarch" has been used rarely but may be increasing.......

Although defined migrations of Danaus plexippus do occur in parts of OZ, in
many sub-tropical areas with good populations (eg Queensland) it does just
wander....

I think the New Zealanders use Monarch..and the Brits used to (when I was a
boy) call it the Milkweed butterfly.....

Dr David G. James,
Associate Professor,
Irrigated Agriculture Research and Extension Center,
Washington State University,
24106 North Bunn Road,
Prosser, WA 99350, USA