Moths I.D. help

Richard Worth rworth at oda.state.or.us
Fri Apr 5 12:38:31 EST 2002

Hi Rob,
Here's what I could get.

#009 & #016  look like genus Zale (don't look like lunata; other
possibility is minerea)
#017 looks like Emmelina monodactyla which can also have tan colored forwings
#012 I don't think is Triphosa haesitata; too many inconsistancies
but might be the same genus
#015 pretty sure is Orthosia hibisci
#014  Neoalcis sp. ??
#ses  Albuna pyramidalis (Walker)

Not 100% on any of them but 98% on all but 012 and 014, darn Geos ;-)

Get yourself a copy of this book, too.  It's free, I believe:
Macromoths of NW Forests and woodlands by Miller and Hammond. #
FHTET-98-18.   Contact Richard Reardon in Morgantown, WV:
ph#304-285-1566;  e-mail: rreardon at fs.fed.us
or
from Corvallis, OR:  #541-737-7612;  cfer at fsl.orst.edu

Best,  Richard

>I am currently finishing up a small project for a local nature park and was
>hoping to get some I.D. help with the remaining specimens. Any help would be
>greatly appreciated. Specimen pictures and data can be viewed at
>http://www.bugboy.ca/id.html
>
>Regards,
>
>Robert Vandermoor
>#102-2975 Princess Cres.