lepidopterists have anything to learn from ... birders ?

Mike Quinn ento at satx.rr.com
Sun Apr 7 18:21:19 EDT 2002

There is one tidbit of knowledge to be gleaned from 100 years of birding,
and that is without the 100,000+ birders there would only be a few 100
ornithologists.

Take away the birders and there would be very little public support or
funding for ornithological research and conservation.

If funds were commiserate with need (instead of with popular appeal) then
North American freshwater mussels would get the lions share of research
funding, not birds.

Mike Quinn
New Braunfels, TX
ento at satx.rr.com