Neil / Mark / religious content

Patrick Foley patfoley at csus.edu
Fri Apr 12 15:43:18 EDT 2002

Neil, Ron and other sports fans,

And I can't help adding that there is evidence of God's existence this year.
Instead of worrying myself over the disaster in the Middle East, or the bumbling
fools and hacks in Washington, I can reflect on the infinite grace and basketball
fanhood of whatever gods may be that my undergraduate school, the University of
Maryland, and my home team Sacramento Kings are sitting on top of the basketball
world the same year! And scientists think this this could have all come together
by chance and the brutal operations of natural selection! This year's basketball
season (and I should point out that my masters was taken at U Arizona) goes beyond
evidence of Intelligent Design, pointing towards a special basketball destiny for
teams in my neighborhood. Unmistakable evidence of Satanic influence also abounds.
The CSUS Woman's b-ball team went 0-22 this year. Jesus wept and no wonder.

Patrick Foley
patfoley at csus.edu