Interesting ...

Ron Gatrelle gatrelle at tils-ttr.org
Tue Apr 16 16:40:08 EDT 2002

My Milkweed/Monarch question is different.  I have wondered if there is any
study that estimates the range and density of various Milkweeds before the
advent of Europeans on this continent.   Here in the southeastern coastal
plain there is certainly much much more open country where Milkweeds can
take hold than 400 years ago.  I would seem that Monarchs were once fairly
scarce or absent here. ?????? ?????    One still does not see a great many
here in the Charleston area over the course of any given year.

There are other historical questions.  Like how has the overwintering areas
in Mexico changed over the last 400 years?   Is there volcanic activity in
that region?   How has the human impact on California and Arizona impacted
monarchs and milkweeds?  For a few..

Ron Gatrelle