Do the Chinese need Paul Ehrlich?

Bob Parcelles,Jr. rjparcelles at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 24 00:58:23 EDT 2002

--- Patrick Foley <patfoley at csus.edu> wrote:
> [...]
> > > the one child per family policy and slaughtered a
> > > disproportionate number of female children, as birth
> > > control advocates stood in silent assent."
> > > Stan
> >
> > All,
> >
> > At the risk of sounding like a conspiracy theorist, there has
> been a
> > movemnt underfoot for quite some time in which liberals as well
> as
> > environmentalists have been so a tuned to over population that
> they
> > tolerate hideous mass genocide as in China. It is everyones right
> > (God-given) to have children. To teach that they are parasites
> and
> > competitors on this planet is outrageouslt sinful and wrong! But
> > "ends justifys the means" has been long a tool for achieving ones
> > goals and indroctinating subservients to aid in doing so. Whether
> it
> > be military or intelligence people, scientists, thinktanks,
> right,
> > left or environmentalists. We need scientists giving us PROactive
> > solutions and we must ralize the possible social consequences of
> what
> > we do. Technology can fix population and food supply problems as
> I am
> > sure paul will attest to. however, it can not be done with utter
> > contempt and disregard for the envionment and our  and our
> > descendants health, safty and even presence on this planet.
> >
> > The nerd writing the article like most intelligent people is not
> > entirely wrong but of course he would throw the baby out with the
> > wash. I am sure he finds it difficult to conceive of any one
> using
> > binoculars to see critters or even swinging a net. Marks
> utterings
> > would be conceved as thiose of a silly person. I am also, sure
> there
> > is not a "scientist" on this list that he has not utter contempt
> for.
> > Of course Paul displays this often. This guy is indicative of the
> > wave of the future. The implemnters without leaving the computer
> lab
> > of a New World. There is nothing brave about it.
> >
> > We must always be on guard for such programs. Did some of
> Erlich's
> > statements play in this...you bet your bottom dollar! Are some
> grants
> > funding research to be interpreted in this twisted way? Probably!
> >
> > But the others are being manipulated just as naively...like Paul.
> >
> > bob
> >
> > =====
> > Bob Parcelles, Jr
> > Pinellas Park, FL
> > RJP Associates & Clean Millennium Movement (C2M)
> > rjparcelles at yahoo.com
> > "Change your thoughts and you change your world."
> > - Norman Vincent Peale

> > Yahoo! Games - play chess, backgammon, pool and more

Pat,

I in no need meant to imply that either Paul was induced to help with
genocide. Just thaty we get conditioned to tolerate things. There are
decisions made everyday to turn our back on conditions which should
be abridged. such as famine and disease. I am sure that many of the
implemntors of these policies or non-policies have to rationalize
some how for their own sake. I personally think malthus was correct
in his model but man cann certainly feed the earth's citizens and
save the environment also. It just takes the "will" to do so. I do
not feelt hat Paul Erlich had any secret agenda. Paul Cherubini I am
sure is a compassionate lover of mankind as well as butterflies. I
just question some of his data and methods.

Bob

=====
rjparcelles at yahoo.com