Correction! UI Pyralidae

jh jhimmel at mindspring.com
Mon Aug 5 13:33:15 EDT 2002

Uh oh.

What you are witnessing is an evolving search of an ID of a little moth
using the internet.  (I've exhausted my reference books).  If you are
getting sick of this, I think it is winding down...

By evolving, I mean I just heard from Brian Scholtens who says it is NOT C.
topiaria, but is Parapediasia decorella,
a crambus that occurs in CT and, according to Brian, well, here's what he
wrote;  "It is actually
Parapediasia decorella, another quite common crambid of the south and east
coast.  The related species P. teterrella
is also quite common, but lacks the orangish lines across the forewings."

I cannot find an image of this bug anywhere.

I've traveled to Europe and the northern and southern ends of the continent
searching for an answer - without
leaving my studio.  Pretty cool, eh?  The LEP-list at its best.

Thanks again, and sorry for the confusion.

John

John Himmelman
Killingworth, CT
jhimmel at mindspring.com